Skip to content
- “Expectations Versus Reality: Cuban Students’ Encounters with Late Soviet Socialism,” Cahiers du monde russe 64/3-4. 2022.
- “Children of Chernobyl and the Uneven Aid Crusade,” Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies at Harvard University website. July 13, 2021.
- “Explaining Divergent Foreign Aid Flows to Belarusian and Ukrainian Children After the Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster, 1986–2011,” MPhil Dissertation, University of Cambridge, June 2021.
- “Competing for Cake Crumbs: Why Chinese Mining Leads to Conflict in Kyrgyzstan but not Tajikistan,” Central Asia Program online paper. June 7, 2021.
- “From the ‘Island of Freedom’ to the Iron Curtain: Rethinking the role of soft power in Soviet-Cuban educational exchange programs,” BA/ MA thesis, Harvard University, March 2020.
- “Atoms for Autonomy: Explaining the Cuban Reaction to the Chernobyl Nuclear Accident,” forthcoming in Cuba in Transition: Volume 30 – Papers and Proceedings of the Thirtieth Annual Meeting of the Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy.
- Book review of “China’s Muslims and Japan’s Empire” by Kelly A. Hammond, The Oxus Society of Central Asian Affairs, February 1, 2021.
- “Book review: Walking the Cuban Tightrope: ‘We Are Cuba!’ by Helen Yaffe,” Startup Cuba, October 14, 2020.
- “Nazdarovie: Havana’s Soviet-themed restaurant,” Startup Cuba, July 29, 2020.
- “In Mr. Jones, Stalin’s Man-Made Famine Offers Lessons for the Present,” All the Russias, NYU Jordan Center, July 16, 2020.
- “Cubans Lured to Moscow Left Stranded by Virus,” The Moscow Times, June 24, 2020.
- “Book review: La paloma y la ley,” Startup Cuba, June 1, 2020.
- “Remembering the Children of Chernobyl: How HBO’s ‘Chernobyl’ Series Revived the Cuba-Chernobyl Connection,” All the Russias, NYU Jordan Center, March 18, 2020.
- “My Summer Research in Moscow and Havana,” ReVista: Harvard Review of Latin America, October 2019.
- “My Weekend with Michael: Or, How I Survived a Hurricane on the Isla de la Juventud,” ReVista: Harvard Review of Latin America, January 29, 2019.